“We would like to renew our invitation to the Fifth Edition of the Cividale del Friuli Model United Nations (CFMUNESCO), which will take place from 24th November to 27th November 2018 in Cividale del Friuli, a small town in the North-East of Italy classified UNESCO World Heritage Site thanks to its cultural and historical heritage.
CFMUNESCO is a simulation of the United Nations organized by High School students and it consists in 4 intensive days of debates in English about current issues. It is a project that gives High School students from all over the world the possibility to play the role of diplomats, representing the opinion of different countries with distinct cultures, customs, beliefs and laws.
The conference will be hosted by our school, Convitto Nazionale Paolo Diacono.
We proudly announce that the committees chosen for W are the following ones:
– The Security Council, a committee of 15 delegates, 5 of which have the veto power during the debates, concerning global urgent problems such as political unrests and conflicts.
– The UNESCO Committee, which represents the peculiarity of our MUN conference since the beginning, thanks to the fact that our town, Cividale del Friuli, is part of the UNESCO World Heritage List since 2011. The debate within the UNESCO Committee focuses on issues concerning the promotion of education, science and culture.
– The International Conference of Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, which is a unique feature of CFMUNESCO, being the only High School students RCRC simulation all over the world. It is managed together with the Italian Red Cross and deals with humanitarian issues.
– The Historical Committee, which will simulate the events linked with World War I until the emergence of totalitarian regimes. It will be composed of 20 delegates, who will act the part of real historical leaders.
– The Commission on the Status of Women, aimed at promoting Women’s rights and value.
– The World Health Organization, aiming at solving burning disputes concerning health, patients’ rights and procedures.
For further information about our conference please check out our website www.cfmunesco.it.
If you have any question, feel free to contact us at email@example.com and we will be glad to assist you.
This is the last call in order to let you take part in CFMUNESCO 2018: if you are interested in taking part in our conference, please submit the Declaration of Intent (Form I) no later than Saturday 15th September.
(Aanmeldingsformulieren verkrijgbaar bij Unesco NL, o.a. Sancta Maria Haarlem heeft ervaring met dit MUN)